Target Group: none English speaking Adult learners
Geographical Reach: Europe wide
Project Duration: 2011 – 2013
Project Funder: Grundtvig Multilateral European Lifelong Learning Programme
Project Manager: Patsy Lang email@example.com
Introducing the magic of storytelling into adult learning, She’herazade introduced storytelling and the use of storytelling techniques as an educational strategy and a pedagogical tool in formal and non-formal adult learning. The project developed adult learning practice using stories and oral storytelling in order to enhance social integration of disadvantaged members of society and to improve the language skills of adult learners.
Sheherazade helped adult learners:
- Gain communication skills
- Develop imagination and creativity
- Develop foreign language skills
- Improve intercultural understanding
- Construct personal values
- Explore their cultural roots
- Build competences for inclusion
- Material, methodologies and examples will be published as the project develops.
As the UK partner, Superact delivered a pilot of this project during spring 2013 in collaboration with ‘Bristol Refugee Rights’ and storytellers Iwan Kushka and Martin Maudsley, before going on to be a key partner in the international project.
Sheherazade was part f the Grundtvig Multilateral Project from the European Lifelong Learning Programme. For more information, visit the Sheherazade website http://www.sheherazade.eu.